The David Worley Library is located on the first floor of Austin Grad and currently has 30,000 items in its collection. The collection is highly specialized, with a focus on biblical studies, theology, church history, and practical ministry. The library subscribes to about 135 journals (print and microform) and maintains an up-to-date reference collection. In addition, students have access to the ATLA Religion Database and the ATLA Serials (ATLAS) Database. Through ATLAS, students can access more than 211,000 full-text digital articles and book reviews combined.
The Jim Beyer Computer Lab provides access to Macs and PCs. Computers are equipped with the latest Bible-search software including Accordance, Gramcord for Windows, Logos, and Bible Windows.
Please use the following link to the David Worley Library Catalogue: Search Online Catalogue
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Closed Saturday & Sunday
Currently the ICS Bookstore stocks required textbooks for Austin Graduate School of Theology and other theological and biblical academic books that are recommended by and/or are written by our faculty. We also shelve titles from Christian Studies Press and Timeless: Ancient Psalms for the Church Today (see below).
Location & Contact:
Address: Room 136
7640 Guadalupe St.
Austin, Texas 78752-1333
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thurs: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Reading the New Testament (NT 6301)
- Sample Questions
- List of Books Mentioned in Lectures (with thanks to Eliza Bushn)
- Brief Commentary on Philippians from The Transforming Word (ed. Mark W. Hamilton, 2009)
- NT Bibliography
Class Resources for Greek 3351–3352
- Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece (1 John 2)
- Liddell-Scott-Jones (LSJ) Online Lexicon
- Basic Sentence Patterns
- 1st & 2nd Declension Case Endings
- Verb Endings (Colwell)
- Conditional Sentences
- Homework website for Greek
R. Mark Shipp
- Table of Nations
- Ancient Near East in the Second Millennium B.C.
- Abraham’s Journeys
- Ancient Peoples of Canaan
- Solomon’s Twelve Administrative Districts
- Proposed Routes for the Exodus from Egypt
- Tribes of Israel and Their Neighbors
- Jacob’s Journeys
- Joshua’s Three Campaigns
- Map of the Judges
Keith D. Stanglin
Class Resources for Church History: Reformation and Modern
Class Resources for History of the Church
Class Resources for Story of Israel
Class Resources for Interpreting the Bible
Class Resources for Christian Worship
Class Resources for Christian Ethics
Class Resources for Philosophy of Religion
- 8 Steps to Developing Exegetical Messages (PDF)
- Basic Bibliography for Theological Studies
- English 2301 Grammar Diagnostic Exam
- Exegesis Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Guide for Writing an Exegesis (PDF)
- Guide for Written Work
- Message Rubric (PDF)
- Observation of Worship Form (PDF)
- Student Handbook (PDF)
- Study Guide for the B.A.C.S. Bible Knowledge Exit Exam (PDF)
- Study Guide for the M.A.T.S. Bible Knowledge Exit Exam (PDF)
- What Every Austin Grad Student Needs to Know
- New Student Orientation Quiz
The mission of Austin Graduate School of Theology is to edify churches in the understanding and practice of the Christian faith and to equip ministers and other Christians for service in the Kingdom of God. The following resources are provided to encourage reflection on the life of the church in the modern world.
- A Christian Affirmation
- Baptismal Service (pdf)
- Free Will: Early Christian Reflections (pdf)
- “Healthy churches don’t need gimmics to grow,” Rick Warren (pdf)
- Infants – Early Christian (Pre-Augustinian) Views (pdf)
- Legalism: And They Were Silent (pdf)
- Mrs. Lands Remembers (pdf)
- The Relevance of Jesus’ Height (pdf)
- The Order of Worship: A Suggestion for the Modern Era (pdf)
- Wallace M. Alston, Jr. and Cynthia A. Jarvis, editors, The Power to Comprehend with All the Saints
- Wallace M. Alston, Jr., editor,Theology in Service of the Church: Essays in Honor of Thomas W. Gillespie
- David Bartlett, Ministry in the New Testament
- Eberhard Bethge, Dietrich Bonhoeffer: A Biography
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Spiritual Care
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together
- Walter Brueggemann, Praying the Psalms: Engaging Scripture and the Life of the Spirit
- Fred Craddock, Preaching
- Joan Chittister, The Rule of Benedict: A Spirituality for the 21st Century
- T. David Gordon, Why Johnny Can’t Preach: The Media Have Shaped the Messengers
- Stanley Hauerwas and William Willimon, Resident Aliens
- Stanley Hauerwas and William Willimon, Where Resident Aliens Live
- Rodney Hunter, Dictionary of Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Richard Lischer, A Theology of Preaching: The Dynamics of the Gospel
- Richard Lischer, Open Secrets
- Thomas Long, The Witness of Preaching
- Thomas Long and Cornelius Plantinga, A Chorus of Witnesses: Model Sermons for Today’s Preacher
- Martin E. Marty, Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Letters and Papers from Prison: A Biography
- Reinhold Niebuhr, Leaves From the Notebook of a Tamed Cynic
- Eugene Peterson, Working the Angles
- Eugene Peterson, The Pastor
- Eugene Peterson, Praying with the Psalms
- Ronald W. Richardson, Creating a Healthier Church
- Peter Steinke, How Your Church Family Works
- Barbara Brown Taylor, The Preaching Life
- Brian C. Taylor, Spirituality for Everyday Living: An Adaptation of the Rule of Benedict
- Paul Scott Wilson, The Four Pages of the Sermon
- Paul Scott Wilson, The New Interpreter’s Handbook of Preaching
- Helmut Tielicke, A Little Exercise for Young Theologians
Ministry Job Openings
The following notices are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by the Austin Graduate School of Theology.
|11-16-18||First Church of Christ, Cherokee, IA is looking for a senior minister.|
|11-29-18||Keizer Church of Christ, OR is looking for a ministry intern for the summer of 2019.|
|1-22-19||Ithaca Church of Christ, NY is looking for a full-time pulpit minister.|
|3-5-19||Round Rock Church of Christ, TX is looking for a full-time student minister.|
|3-19-19||Ellisville Church of Christ, MS is looking for a minister.|
|6-25-19||Goldthwaite Church of Christ, TX is looking for a pulpit minister.|
|6-25-19||My Company Chaplain is looking for part-time Hospital Chaplains in Round Rock, TX.|
|7-8-19||First Christian Church, Byrdstown, TN is looking for a Sole Lead Minister.|
(If you would like to have your notice posted on this page, send details to Info@AustinGrad.edu)